43.2K views

So I've had a pof account for less than a month. It seemed to be working well for meeting new people and I had hope for finding a woman to settle down with.

I was never rude, never uploaded or sent any nude pictures. Whoever runs this site is like a dictator in their little computer chair, just deleting accounts at random for no reason. Someone else said something about how if one of the lady's finds a man and settles down then they won't pay for their upgraded accounts because they won't need it anymore. They "found their fish", no longer need pof.

Its starting to make sense now when i see that the only people I've ever heard about who's accounts have been deleted are guys. I was meeting new people and getting to know a girl that I would have been great with. I go to login today and see what she wrote back only to find out my account has been deleted. Now I'll never know.

Thanks pof for wasting my time and deleting my account.

If anyone ever asks me about pof, my advice would be don't waste your time only to be let down and deleted. The people running the site are stepping way over the line with trying to control everyone on there.

Review about: Plentyoffish Account.

Comments

I cannot log in to pof account.. after having what i believe might have been a false accusation from a man that was bothering me. What can i do

I'm pritty certain the site is a racist site as mad as it sounds after a bit of research mostly or all are white guys who are deleted

to Michael #1572887

No you are wrong. Nothing to do with race, gender, sexual orientation, and etc.

It's about them making money. Every time someone opens the app on their phone or loads the web page what happens? Oh that's right an Advertisement gets loaded that POF gets paid for. I read someplace that Markus the original owner of POF sold out to IAC group and that Markus gets paid for every registration.

HMM, sounds like a good reason to delete people so they re register. IAC group would rather have you on their pay dating sites like match.com, Tinder, our-time, and etc.

POF is even deleting people that upgraded to a paid subscription. The other possibility here is that a hacker or group of hackers keeps getting into the server and reaping havoc.

to Guest #1573815

Yep , they even have a number to call now and they request an $100 google card to clear your email account associated blah blah . Whole site is effed now .

POF is pushing the free members off the site to make room for the paying (stupid gold start on their picture desperate ones) members. Plenty of Fools.

to Geewiz #1572976

NO, even people that paid for the gold start are having problems getting deleted. I bet they are having issues getting their money back too, POF is a scam.

My account was deleted twice - no reason

I think my account got deleted due to false accusations from this one guy who was nuts!!

I've been deleted after 2 days didn't ask for sex no nude pics nothing I wouldn't be suprised if it's a racist site obviously needs looking into

I was a paying customer and had my account deleted for no reason as well. They refunded my charge when I asked them about it and gave no reason why my account was deleted.

Maybe it was all of the reports I made on fake accounts sending me likes. Yeah I'm not happy so I guess I'll try another site.

to Ishotgreedo #1565234

They absolutely delete you for reporting scammers

to Anonymous #1572882

That's because they are the scammers.

It’s crazy because I was on there for 3 days and my account just logged me out. I couldn’t get back in.

So, I created the same page again with the same username.

I tried to connect with the old account but it says user deleted account or system deleted. But when I google my pof page it says it still there, but I can’t access it at all.

+1 - Also has my account nuked yesterday for no reason (no rude messages, nothing that would have violated their rules). They could at least send you an e-mail notification with some sort of information!!!!

I’ve had accounts with them in the past and used them successfully to meet people. Think I’ll give one of the paid sites a chance when I decide to spend more cycles on finding someone.

My account was just deleted for the 3rd time today, and I was talking to two women I had chemistry with. This app is bogus.

I have never violated and TOU and I've never been rude to anyone on the site, and if they are to me I just block them. Its ridiculous how in the year 2018 we have so much technology yet no one can design a dating platform that ACTUALLY WORKS!

to Jean #1573056

That's because it's not about dating or matching people up for relationships. It's about Taking People's Money and Nothing Besides.

With the amount of traffic they get to their websites and mobile apps they are making millions upon millions of Advertisement dollars alone, Not to mention if people pay for "Premium Services".

Never made any sense yeah pay a subscription so we can highlight your profile box in golden yellow. Just dumb by design.

I’ve been on POF for literally 3 days and guess what?! My account is gone and it won’t let me create a new one.

I’m sure men reported me. I simply know what I want so why waste time in weeding through each message! Jhc I literally had close to 350 messages within 3 days! I’m sorry but this is real life, not some robot game where I can answer to all and date all!

Plus I do have STANDARDS!

Gosh I’m so pissed! Was talking to 2 really wonderful men.

I literally have never had a problem with logging in the suddenly I get knocked off after I sent a message to a girl with my phone number and I haven't violated any of the damn rules. I've been on the site for awhile now and just now began talking to someone and now I don't know if she even got my message about how to contact me or she might have thought I wasn't real or will since I got removed! WTF!?!?

I’m a woman and mine gets deleted within the week. I have met people from there and I am real. I think guys report me for no reason and it’s really *** me off how guys can be so immature.

to Jules #1558144