35.7K views

So I've had a pof account for less than a month. It seemed to be working well for meeting new people and I had hope for finding a woman to settle down with.

I was never rude, never uploaded or sent any nude pictures. Whoever runs this site is like a dictator in their little computer chair, just deleting accounts at random for no reason. Someone else said something about how if one of the lady's finds a man and settles down then they won't pay for their upgraded accounts because they won't need it anymore. They "found their fish", no longer need pof.

Its starting to make sense now when i see that the only people I've ever heard about who's accounts have been deleted are guys. I was meeting new people and getting to know a girl that I would have been great with. I go to login today and see what she wrote back only to find out my account has been deleted. Now I'll never know.

Thanks pof for wasting my time and deleting my account.

If anyone ever asks me about pof, my advice would be don't waste your time only to be let down and deleted. The people running the site are stepping way over the line with trying to control everyone on there.

Review about: Plentyoffish Account.

Comments

Mine was deleted also for no apparent reason and I’m female! No nude pics no abrasive comments nothing.POF is a POS!Now my goal is to see if they site will ban me for life! Lmao

to GeekInScrubs #1504741

Also, I had my account for less than 2 weeks!

Women's accounts get deleted as well. That site SUCKS.

They've deleted me numerous times and ok top of that, the site is filled with fake accounts and absolute bird brain *** who can't hold an intelligent conversation. All I mostly got was "hey bb wuts up" and "damn gurl u fine af" until I just have up.

I’m a female and I also keep getting deleted for no apparent reason. I’ve come to hate this site now and am just going somewhere else.

Me too. They get revenue every time you sign up again though.

It makes a lot of sense that they do these deletions now.

Like you I wasn’t rude and had real photos. Etc

POF deleted my account too never did anything wrong and l am a woman too

POF have deleted my account for no reason I'm woman I didn't do anything wrong

to Anonymous #1498610

Me too and I'm pissed

to Anonymous #1502170

Power has gone too someone’s head that’s for sure

The mods at POF have done the same Thing to me too. The site should be taken down for discrimination. I'm a larger man and I think they are removing my profile because of my size.

to Myperfectfemaledesire #1497318

There probably are mods on the site doing this. Plenty Of Fish has 76 employees to handles a million accounts???

They use automated computer processes to combat spam and fraud, they obviously have a programming flaw because normal people get deleted and the profiles that lead to p0rn0 sites do not get deleted. All these dating websites and phones apps for he same Create Millions of Dollars in advertisement revenue. This is why they don't delete the obvious p0rn0 profiles because they know people will click and that click creates AD revenue. It does seem backwards to me though, you would think the more "Active Profiles" would create "More Advertisement Revenue".

Markus the former owner of POF made some deal with IAC corporation that for every registration to the website he gets paid, sounds like a good reason to "Purposely Delete Accounts".

He purposely deletes you 10 times and he makes 250 dollars off of one person that registered 10 times. How filthy rich Markus must be with all the deleted profiles and people registering numerous times each.

Same thing happened to me today

I’m a female. Didn’t break any rules!!!!!

I have made 6 accounts after my deleted account and all which got deleted!! I had a lot of friends that I had on it (legit to talk to someone before friendship or dating!

Or giving them off my social media off the bat) I made my pof when I was 18 and I’m 21 now! Guess I’ll never find my fish lmfao

to Kitty #1495659

Omg I made mine 6 times to an after like 5 mins... Boom deleted again

to Anonymous #1500203

The same thing keeps happening to me. I’ve tried using different email addresses, birthdays everything and this has happened to me at least 10 times

It has happened to me too. I give up.

I was actively in my account and then next thing I know it looked like I had to sign in again, but couldn't get in. Looks like the account was deleted.

They have just deleted mine too - they seem to have deleted loads of people's accounts in error. REALLY annoying!!

to Annoyed POF user #1494151

It's not an error they are doing it on purpose. There are too many profiles for 76 employees to inspect. They are using automated computer processes to delete accounts that meet certain criteria and behavior.

Type your message here