1.6
Privacy and Data Security

I recently went onto Plenty of Fish to see what all the "hype" is about. I got an initial barrage of hellos from various people and then a very odd message from one man.

The profile didn't seem to match the note written. A handsome gent with a graduate degree was writing to me with extremely poor grammar. That was strange. As I continued to read his notes...he supposedly lived in my area, but worked "off-shore" as an engineer/drilling contractor.

He pushed to not communicate on the site but rather via text messages and giving me a cell number with a California area code. He kept referring to me as "dear". Who says that these days unless you're "out of touch" or trying to kiss up. He also kept saying "I be like to know you better".

What? No concept of the English language. I checked all the on-line sites cautioning against scammers from Nigeria...and this guy fit the bill. I reported him three times to POF, with no response.

I thought that was really poor on their part. How unconcerned they are for the welfare of their members. As I'm not gullible enough to fall for a *** like this...some may, and even if it's only one person...that person could be taken for a ride they will never recover from.

Shame on you POF for being such a low-life dating site. You should be shut down.

Review about: Plentyoffish Profile.

Preferred solution: A definite policy with regard to security and how to safeguard against scammers. Also, prompt responses to members..

I didn't like: How they do not respond to customers.

Comments

I signed up for 3 months and they charged me for 12. I got part of my money back.

I emailed and called many times.

They tell me I have to do all this *** to prove it is me.The guy barely spoke English and to much noise. I contacted paypalTo get my money back they have a guarantee policy.Did some of you contact your credit card company to get your money back?

If you don't mind being referred to as a "fish" , I can't help you either.