There is a mail setting that allows a 'standard' user to only accept messages from 'upgraded' users. (see screenshot) This is ***. Considering the person is not him/her self an upgraded user.

Furthermore, it does not display this requirement on the user's profile under 'Mail Settings'. (see screenshot) You waste your time composing a message to a user that you should be able to contact, only to find out that you can't after you hit 'send'. This is ***.

This website is either a free service or it is a paid service. It cannot AND should not be both. How can a 'free user' have the privilege to accept messages from only 'paid users'?? It doesn't make sense!

This is clearly an option developed for women in order to exclude messages from 'free users' because they are deemed as 'not serious'.

This is ***.

Review about: Pof Account.

I didn't like: Inability to contact customer service, No response from plenty of fish, Poor website programming and lack of information.

2.3
Style and Design
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Plentyoffish?

Comments

I joined, filled out all the forms, took the test, supplied a picture, etc.I received a confirmation and the results of the "test" in an email.

The next day I was unable to log in as they say there is no record of my email address. I tried to reply to the email they sent me, but for nothing. I am beginning to think that the dating part of their business is secondary to the data collection part.

They offer no way to contact them, no help at all.They stink!